Updates to The Policy
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect, store, use, and transfer various types of personal data about you, your business, or your staff, which are categorized as follows:
- Identity and Contact Data – your name, business address, telephone number(s) and email address(es).
- Usage Data – information about the way you use our website.
- Profile Data – your username and password, account preferences, browsing history, orders placed and purchases completed, feedbacks, and responses to survey(s), contests or sweepstakes.
- Transaction Data – payment details (credit card information, billing address) and other details of services you have bought from us.
- Technical Data – your login data, internet protocol (IP) address, browser version and type, OS (operating system) in use, browser plug-in versions types, time zone location and setting, and platform and other technology on your chosen device(s) used for accessing our website. Some of this information is collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, like session replay scripts, web beacons, and similar tracking technologies (some of these tracking technologies may need us to work with third-party partners). We may also use tools (which could include third-party tools) to collect analytics data for identifying and evaluating our users’ behavioral patterns.
- Marketing and Communications Data – your communication preferences and preferences in receiving marketing material from us, our affiliates and our third-party partners.
Cookies – What Are They?
If you want to know more about these technologies and get a better idea of how cookies work, you can take a look at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, these are the circumstances where we use your personal information:
- to process your transactions or requests;
- to provide you with services or information you have requested for;
- To send you marketing material, which you have agreed to receive, or which we think will match your preferences and interests; this could include information about services, promotions and/or special offers, or other relevant information; and
- to make it easy for you to use our website and services, facilitate our business’s administrative and functional aspects, and to otherwise serve all our users (including you).
For example, some purposes for which we may use your personal information may include:
- to communicate with you about your account, our products and services or updates about them, or other non-marketing communications;
- to request your feedback, which would help us develop, improve and customize our website, products and services;
- to send you newsletters or surveys;
- to conduct marketing analysis;
- to convey you about our special offers or events, products, services, or offers from our partners and affiliates, or for other informational, marketing, promotional and product development purposes;
- to respond to your emails, comments, submissions, requests or complaints;
- to inform you of updates to eChannelHub’s products and services that meet your requirements better;
- to foresee and resolve your problems related to our products and services;
- to seamlessly carry out after-sales services;
- to respond to your inquiries related to customer support, and provide assistance for using our products and services;
- to contact you if you are the winner of a contest;
- to send and receive inventory and order information from third-party websites, where you’ve an account for using our services; and
- for other purposes, which we’ll notify you about.
eChannelHub may store and process your personal information in the United States as well as other countries.
How We Share Your Personal Information
eChannelHub reserves the right to share comprehensive demographic information about our sales, customers, and traffic with our advertisers and partners. We will not sell, give, rent, trade, lease or share any of your personal information or any data stored by you using our services to any third-party with the exception of as this Policy summarizes or with your consent.
We may disclose information to a third-party to
- protect the property, rights, or personal safety of us, you, our other users, eChannelHub agents and the public;
- meet lawful requests, comply with laws and legal processes;
- eChannelHub believes in the good faith that such disclosure is required to protect an individual’s personal safety, or respond to emergency situations.
Additional Notice for the UK, European Union, and Switzerland
eChannelHub respects your privacy rights. We give you reasonable access and rights to your “personal data” that you may have provided us through your use of our services, which is in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) applicable to individuals located in the UK, EU countries, and Switzerland.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), and desire to modify, access, transfer, or delete any personal data we have in our possession, you may get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to correct, update, or erase your preferences and personal data at any time by sending us an email request. Please note that though any changes made by you will get reflected in active user databases instantaneously or within a reasonable timeframe, we may retain all information submitted by you for archiving, backups, analytics, complying with legal obligations, preventing abuse and fraud, or where we otherwise rationally believe that there’s a legitimate reason to do so.
You may refuse to share specific personal data with us, which may not let us provide you with some of the functionality and features of our services.
You have the right to disapprove your personal data’s processing at any time, on legitimate grounds, with the exception of cases where it’s otherwise allowed by applicable law.
If you believe your right to privacy granted under data protection laws has been violated, please contact us at email@example.com. In such cases, you’ll have the right to file an official complaint with data protection authorities.
Processing Personal Data – The Legal Basis
As before, eChannelHub will collect and use your personal data only when we have legal bases for acting this way. These lawful bases include when we are under a contractual or legal obligation to collect or process your personal data, when you give your consent, and when we have a lawful interest in processing your personal data.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting, legal, or reporting requirements. To determine the suitable retention period for personal data, we take into account the nature, amount, and sensitivity of personal data, the probable risk of damage from disclosure of or unauthorized use your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and if we can accomplish those purposes through other ways, and the relevant legal requirement.
We will evaluate the personal data we retain periodically and delete it securely when there is no longer a business, legal, or consumer requirement for it to be retained.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Union (EU). Thus, their processing of your personal data will lead to a transfer of your personal data outside the EU. During all such data transfers out of the EU, we make sure they are done according to the applicable laws and using appropriate and adequate safeguards.
Information and Network Security
eChannelHub implements reasonable steps to safeguard information we collect from you to prevent its disclosure, loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification and destruction. Additionally, extremely confidential personal information such as password and credit card number that we ask you to submit on our website is encryption-protected with the use of SSL (Secured Socket Layer) protocol during the data’s transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which we store information are kept in a controlled setting with restricted access. While we take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information we consciously collect directly from you, we want to emphasize that no security system is completely impenetrable. Besides, we can’t assure that any passively-collected personal information, which you decide to store on our systems, are maintained at satisfactory levels of protection to meet particular obligations or requirements you may have with respect to that information.
Your account information and right to use to our service is available only via using an individual user ID and password. For protecting your personal information’s secrecy, you must keep your password confidential and not reveal it to any other person. In case you believe any misuse of your password, we request you to inform us immediately. In addition, remember to always logout and close your browser once you have ended your online session. Please note that we will never send you an unsolicited email or make an unsolicited phone that asks you to reveal your password.
Your Personal Information – Updating and Accessing It
If there are changes of any kind in your personal information, we invite you to update or correct your information at the earliest possible moment. You can log into your eChannelHub account at any time to update your profile information. You can also send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org for accessing or changing your personal information.
Your Right to Opt-Out
eChannelHub may send you data or communications regarding our websites and services, which include but aren’t limited to
- notices about your use of our websites and services, which include any notices related to violations of use; and
- promotional materials and information about our products and services.
You may choose to opt-out of receiving eChannelHub’s promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions that those emails provide you with. Opt-out requests will not be applicable to transactional service messages, like notices in relation to your existing account and services, and security alerts.