It’s not a surprise that technology has completely changed our lives. The internet may have been invented to serve some specific, important tasks, but today, it’s used for anything and everything. With the evolution of time, it’s only natural that we as humans, too, go with the flow, and this stands especially true if you own a business in this era. Gone are the days when people would wait to go visit a physical store to buy something. Nowadays, everything they wish to purchase is just a click away, and buyers make complete use of this advantage. Sellers as well should use this to their benefit, by all means.
If you own an online store, it is recommended that you utilize the facility of a multichannel selling software and multichannel listing tools in order to make your products available on multichannel ecommerce platforms. We can aid you with the real-time inventory sync tool and the order management tool to make the process easier for you. Regardless of whether you have an established marketing team or not, taking the multichannel road is almost imperative to keep up with the current marketing strategies.
Channels to Boost Traffic for the Holiday Season
Reports state that 63% of the sellers still find attracting relevant traffic and leads to their website the biggest challenge. Therefore, let’s talk about a few channels that will help drive traffic to your website to help boost the sales this upcoming holiday season.
- Selling on marketplaces is definitely the first option you should consider. Studies reveal that 97% of the customers in the US alone first browse the products on marketplaces before going ahead with the purchase, thereby proving the amount of trust the marketplaces have managed to establish with their buyers. There are several benefits of selling on marketplaces:
- Firstly, the marketing efforts you require to put in are pretty minimalistic. All you need to adhere to are the marketplace guidelines for content, images, product information, and so on. These demand little effort and you can reach your prospective customers without even having to devise a long-term sales strategy. Marketplaces are also the biggest drivers of the cross-border sales, and with the statistics of cross-border sales claiming to reach $627 billion value till 2022, it’s sure to work in your favour.
- Secondly, although ecommerce has taken over the online shopping world, it’s only a matter of time before M-commerce occupies that position. Not only do most of the marketplaces have an m-commerce presence, customers are known to prefer the app version of stores for a smoother shopping experience.
- Lastly, different people around the world prefer different payment methods. Whereas some might prefer PayPal, others might select paying through their credit cards or even opt for cash on delivery. Selling on a marketplace helps you sort out this tedious task and also cater to the various preferences of your consumers.
- The power of social media can’t be denied in the century we live in. Not only are social media platforms used for interacting with people, merchants should also use them to showcase their products and redirect the traffic to their stores. Facebook, Pinterest, and Messenger are some of the most social media channels among the online merchants due to the utility they bring in. With Facebook, you’ll have access to about 2.27 billion users. Not only does Facebook enable merchants to create item listings at drive checkout at a page of their liking, it helps over 50 million businesses promote their interest. People active on Pinterest say that 93% of them use Pinterest to plan their purchase, and 87% even buy something just because of the platform.
- Comparison engines don’t only have to be beneficial for the ones making the purchase. These engines offer the users an insight into the features and differences between the products and help them consider their options before finalizing on their decision. Online merchants should use these to pull in traffic to their website, and also go over the reviews so as to make the required changes to their products.
- Getting your products mentioned on content-based networks is yet another method to make people aware of your website. It’s true that you might have to wait for certain specific articles that are relevant to your company, but having such networks connect a link to your online store is a great way to pull in attention.
With the holiday season upon us, it’s best to look up the channels mentioned above to make sure your store gets noticed online. Be it social media or digital content platforms, employ them all to drive traffic to your products and make users explore your brand.